No Products in the Cart
Inspect plastic parts of your vehicle. If they are scuffed or scratched or have major damage, you should think of replacing them. Plastic parts of your vehicle should be in a reasonable / excellent condition before applying the graphics.
Ensure that your vehicle is super clean and there isn't any dirt on any surfaces, chassis, engine, or tires. Clean off any road dirt and grease off the surface where the stickers will be applied as well as any existing surface irregularities.
It is very important that your hands are clean while you are preparing the surface and working with the stickers. Greasy or dirty hands will reduce the ability of your stickers to adhere.
Remove any old stickers. You can use a hair dryer or a heat gun to warm the old stickers for easy removal. Clean the surface with a degreasing agent. You shouldn't leave any glue residue of the old graphics, grease, dirt and other surface irregularities. Plastic parts of your vehicle should be warm before applying the stickers. We recommend keeping plastic parts of your vehicle in a room where temperature is higher than 15 °C / 60 °F for several hours.
1. Cut out the stickers according to their perimeter using the scissors.
2. Check the layout and verify the place of each sticker. Make sure that each sticker has a proper place. Check installation guide https://speedstickers.eu/pages/installation-guide
3. Place your decal over the plastic part where it belongs. Using an adhesive paper tape, tape down the decal to the plastic part to hold it in place. Use as much tape as you need.
4. Peel off the backing paper till the middle of the decal and cut it off. Re-check your alignment on the part to be covered. Press one side of the sticker with your finger to place it.
5. Working in small sections, use your thumb (or a squeegee) to apply pressure to the graphic. Ensure that no wrinkles or bubbles appear. You have to work from the center outwards. If bubbles appear, carefully unstick the section and try again. Use a safety pin to pop up any small air bubbles. Then smooth out the bubble section moving towards the edges of the graphic. Repeat the process on the other side of the decal.
6. If plastic parts of your vehicle have sharp curves or uneven surfaces use a heat gun to warm up the sticker in order to make it more pliant. Avoid overheating!
7. Sometimes you will have to cut stickers manually because of improper stickers positioning, covering bolts, access holes or vent slits.
• Take your time and be patient!
• Keep your vehicle or its plastic parts in a place where temperature is higher than 15 °C / 60 °F for several hours prior to installation.
• Wait for at least 24 hours before taking your vehicle to ensure proper adhesion and reheat stickers one more time with a heat gun.
Sometimes it is difficult to apply the stickers dry. In such cases the surface can be sprayed with water to reduce the instant adhesion of the adhesive and make sticking the stickers easier.